Wednesday, February 18, 2009

TIP #3 - Twice the veggies, half the meat


This is something I learned from the last time I lost weight--between child #2 and #3. When eating a meal, eat half the meat you normally would, and twice the vegetables. And when I say vegetables, I don't mean smothered with butter, cheese, or sour cream. Good, natural, naked veggies! I have a steamer I like to cook mine in--even frozen veggies! But whether you cook them in a steamer, a skillet, or the microwave, veggies are GOOD for you! Find ones you like and eat up! I have taken a liking to baked sweet potatoes. Just scrub 'em up, wrap them in foil, and bake for 1.5 hours. I eat them just plain, but if you HAVE to, you can give them a spritz of spray butter or a sprinkling of Splenda. STAY OUT OF THE MARSHMALLOWS! So when you're dishing out your supper, remember, half the meat, twice the vegetables. And if you want seconds, reach for the veggies first!

No comments:

Post a Comment