Monday, February 23, 2009

Sometimes being a woman stinks

Imagine a room full of women and someone utters the words, "water retention"...can you hear the groan of disgust? Well, I'm hoping that's what happened to me this week. After a week of really doing very good (eating-wise), the weekend included a ladies' retreat, a formal banquet, and a breakfast buffet. I felt like I really watched myself--lots of fresh fruit, only ate half of the seasoned pork-chop, and I didn't even finish the R-I-C-H chocolate dessert (did I mention it was R-I-C-H??), but sent at least a few bites back to the kitchen. (Hey, that's progress--in the past I would have slicked up the whole thing and been tempted to lick the plate!) All of this to say my weigh-in today resulted in a gain of 0.4 of a pound. A quick look at the calendar gave me hope since I realized this is my hardest week to lose weight because of the whole water retention thing. Hopefully next week will make up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment