This is a good one! The tortillas I get are LA BANDERITA brand at Walmart and are not labeled "Fat-Free", but if you look at the Nutritional Info, it will list Total Fat as 0 for 2 tortillas. (Some are 1g of fat per tortilla.) I can't get corn tortillas of any variety at my local grocery store. Also, if I'm short on time, I've been known to use the stewed tomatoes with green pepper and onions already in it. This recipe does not taste "diet", so your whole family will like it!
10 (6") fat-free corn tortillas
3 c. boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and cubed
1c. corn (fresh, frozen, canned, whatever)
1 chopped onion
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 can stewed tomatoes (14-oz)
1 (10-oz) can Rotelle (your desired "spiciness")
1 c. 2% shredded cheddar cheese
Oven--350 degrees
Spray 9x13 pan with Pam
Line bottom of pan with half of the tortillas (can cut them if it makes them fit better)
Spread chicken, corn, onion, pepper, and stewed tomatoes on tortillas. Top with remaining tortillas. Pour Rotelle over the top. Cover and bake 30-35 min. Uncover, top with cheese, bake uncovered an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
For Weight Watchers, this makes 6 servings, and is 5 points per serving.
Serve with veggies and MAYBE a LITTLE low fat sour cream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment