This is an old stand-by for me. Filling, hearty, warm. I made it up, so I don't know exactly how many weight watcher's "points" it is (although I knew at one time), but if you stick to a reasonable portion, you'll be just fine.
About 1 pound of stew meat (or left-over beef roast), or lean hamburger
1 big box of beef broth, reduced sodium
1 box of Whole Grain pasta (like Rotini) (I like the whole grain better than the whole wheat)
1 package frozen peas
Skim milk, start with 1c., add more as needed
flour, salt and pepper OR fat free country gravy mix
Cook beef (if it is not already). Add broth and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until about half tender. Add peas and cook until pasta and peas are done. (May need to add a little water.) Here comes the either/or part. IF I have fat-free country gravy mix (I used to find it in the powdered mix envelope section, although the fat-free variety has become very difficult to find). Anyway, IF I have that, I will sprinkle about half of the envelope into the pasta and about a cup of fat-free milk. Do NOT add additional salt and pepper because the mix has enough of that in it. Stir, heat, add more milk as needed. IF I do NOT have the mix, I sprinkle in some flour (about 3 Tbsp.), add the milk, salt, and pepper. Again, stir, heat, add more milk as needed.
Serve with a little fruit, maybe 1/2 c. low-fat of cottage cheese, steamed veggies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment